Wednesday 13 April 2016

Professional Practise Spider Diagram

Spider diagram to explore my professional practise 

I have seen on Megan's and Lizzie's blogs that they have created a spider diagram of their professional practise. I  found it really interesting that although we are in similar practises, we have created different spider grams based on our experiences and jobs. I have created one for myself now below, the diagram has helped me to map out my professional practise and visualise my options and routes. I have also included other career paths I could take or courses available to develop myself further.



Thoughts that came into my head whilst creating my diagram...
Where would I like to progress to?
Can I get to where I would like to be ?
Would I leave dance behind ?
Primary school teaching is what I'm leaning towards, why ?
Where am I now on this diagram ?
Would I enter the performance world again ?
Is this all that I can put down in my diagram ?

Things I have learnt from my diagram...
I have so many options
It isn't too late to change career slightly or completely
That I could get to the jobs mentioned with more work
Where I feel I am on my diagram and what are my strengths and weaknesses in these areas
That I need to research other areas of my practise
Teaching is the route for me

Overall I have realise now after reflecting on my diagram teaching is the route for me,  I could of spoken about productions, performances, costumes but instead I mainly wrote about teaching, that is a clear indicator to me that teaching could be where I develop further in my career. Now I need to look into a research some more options available such as becoming a primary school or secondary teacher? Camp leader ? Opening a dance school ? There are many routes that I have not yet explored.

Have a look at Megan's and Lizzie's Blogs...
http://meganlouch.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/these-are-few-of-my-favourite-things_5.html
http://lizziebell92.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/bapp-task-2d-inquiry.html

3 comments:

  1. It's really interesting to see how the three of you have come up with different ideas on your spider diagrams and I think this is a really good way to see where your interests lie! I think I will try this as well and see what I come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive only just seen this and seen your post, it really helped me with understanding my professional practise and possible routes, thanks lois x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive only just seen this and seen your post, it really helped me with understanding my professional practise and possible routes, thanks lois x

    ReplyDelete