Thursday 27 April 2017

Alone.


I have spent sometime looking through peoples blogs and I cant help but feel very proud of the fellow bapp students. It seems to be all coming together as we push over this final hurdle.  

From Megan's blog she left Pauls blog explaining the presentations and showing examples and links to graduates work. This was incredibly helpful as I am now moving on to build my presentation, so I thought I would share it with you. 

https://paulanottingham.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/oral-presentations-reviewing-and-advice.html

One of the blogs from paula's blog, mentions about meeting the students on the course for the first time and how nice it was to meet everyone in person. This led me to reflect on my journey through this course at the very beginning I was the only student who did the ROL before entering module 1. I felt incredibly worried and nervous and for the first time alone during my studies. With no class mates to call and check things through, I discovered that I had to find my own way and push out of my comfort zone. 

 Module 1 began and I still felt rather alone clicking through peoples blogs trying to figure out who was module 1 and honestly, figuring out how to use blogger! 

During Module 2 regular names and faces were joining the skypes and I followed all the students blogs throughout the course. Module 2 also was the birth of the SIG Facebook group!

Now in module 3 I can say I do not feel alone in this final part. Even though I am; I'm working on my inquiry by myself and no one really truly knows what I have done, so I am really looking forward to sharing it at the presentations. The SIG group has been fantastic and I am really looking forward to meeting you all! 

Good Luck!! 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post!! and yes we are very nearly there!! hope all is going smoothly for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Lois! Nearly there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe how close we are! I had a chat with Victoria yesterday and it was reassuring to know we feel the same - I.e. Nervous, stressed, overwhelmed by feedback etc. Good luck with it all! I haven't start d my oral presentation yet but would be great to chat in a week or so to discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is thanks Laura and Skye, nervous and stressed but ok!

    Megan that would be great to chat let me know when suits you, I hopefully should be starting mine next week:)

    ReplyDelete