Thursday 30 March 2017

Journal

I have typed up a extracts from my Journal. These specific moments are when I felt a teacher was 'good'. I have presented it in a table that states when? who? what? and why?


Key words
Passion
Enthusiasm
Understanding
Calm
Patient
Prepared
Student Teacher Relationship


Who?
When?
What?
Why?
Colleague at Non Stop Action
Before our PE session
A child had forgotten her PE kit. My colleague pulled them to one side and spoke in a soft voice. “where is your kit?” the child said “Mummy can’t buy me one yet” the child came to our lesson and worked on a non participant sheet.
My colleague pulled the child a side. This prevented the child from feeling embarrassed.

Tone of voice was suitable to the situation as this child had ‘forgotten it’ for 3 weeks now. My colleague could have become agitated that this was the third week, but instead she remained calm and was very understanding.

Primary School Teacher
Before we took over the class. Very beginning of the day about 8:55am
The teacher has set out a morning activity for the children as they entered.
This helped the children to settle into the classroom and be prepared for a day of learning. It was engaging and calm.
Prepared and planned for the day ahead.
Colleague Non Stop Action
During a Dance PE lesson
A child had removed themselves from the rest of the group and sat by the wall
My colleague went over to them and spoke to them about something that was nothing to do with PE. She asked how she was and whether she had schools dinners today. (lunch was after this lesson). This was an interesting tactic as she made a relationship with the child first before saying “Why are you over here?” It was more time consuming than just saying“WHY are you sitting out?”
I have seen teachers before just shout over to the, "get up and join in now!"

But this strategy was more rewarding in the end as the child explained the issue and then joined in.

Showed patience and the importance of student teacher relationship.
Primary School Teacher
Observing as I was waiting for my next class
A teacher was introducing a new topic
The passion that the teacher had when they were describing the new topic was infectious. I wanted to learn I wanted to be involved and I’m not in that lesson. The enthusiasm oozed out and the children were incredibly motivated.
Passion and enthusiasm.






Comparing my stories with my findings from my inquiry has been really interesting. My participants mentioned similar if not the same key words during their interview. 

No comments:

Post a Comment