Sunday 26 February 2017

I got the JOB!


I applied for an Teacher Training (salaried route) course through UCAS. Out of the three schools that I applied for 1 was not accepted and the other two went through to interview. I have been teaching dance and gymnastics to Primary aged children for nearly 3 years and I have always admired the Primary Teaching Profession, so it was great that I would have a chance to progress to become a Primary Teacher.


The Interview Process:
30 minute classroom based lesson
English Test
Group Discussion
Interview

The process was intense but I felt at ease. After looking back over my interviews and the whole process in general, I have come to realise why I felt so at ease. I was calm because I felt like I was in the right place, everything I said matched up correctly in the interview. I spoke about past experiences that have helped me to be where I am today. I have had a look through my learning journal and many of the incidents/situations that I discussed in my interview  were in this book. I feel strongly that because of the BAPP course I was successful in both of my interviews, with both schools offering me a place to train.  The knowledge I have gained from looking into Primary school Teachers, Teaching methods, what is good, what is a teacher and what is a good teacher has helped me to become more knowledgeable about the field I am about to progress into.

The handbook suggests that you should blog about a summary of your learning experiences across the BAPP course Handbook (P.14) . The main thing that I have learnt is that this course really has benefited my professional practice and allowed me to take the next step in my career.

When I look back to module 1 and even the beginning of module 2 my professional practice looked a lot like this image below, lots of paths and avenues to explore and a lot of confusion of where I am going.
Module 3 and my practice is still confusing and there is a lot left to explore. However, my professional practice path is a lot clearer.  I feel the importance of my line of inquiry has also increased as I am going to be a Professional Teacher, I need all the information I can get on how to be a GOOD one! I feel like a lightbulb has clicked on!

My path now looks like this image below, a long way to go but it is a lot clearer than it was before this course.  


6 comments:

  1. Well done! - this is great! I have very similar feelings as I am going down the exact same pathway! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely something I am interested in! Were you able to do this before completing your degree then? Please do Let me Know any info or tips you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for commenting and for your congratulations! :)

    Alice yes I was able to apply before graduating through UCAS the applications are still open now. I have managed to nab myself a salaried one but it helped as the school I am going into I also taught an after school club there. If you work in a school you can also ask them to train you, if you were to be unsuccessful many people who would like to become a teacher start as a TA then ask the school they are in. However, this makes the process longer. If you need any advice I am here:) When I first looked into to it, it all seemed a bit confusing! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk This website shows you other routes into teaching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I like the summary of the two photos at the end!!! I agree with you. A long way to go but much more clearer!! x

    ReplyDelete