Tuesday 6 December 2016

Further Research


Articles
These 3 articles below have helped me to gain even more knowledge about my subject area. The articles talk about specific things that they think make a good teacher. This will help me to look out for specific things during my observations. I hope that I can use these articles and compare them to other literature and  the data that I collect.

The article telegraph article picks out specific characteristic that a teacher needs. I have been searching for something like this. I have added questions into my survey already about characteristics of a teacher. It has been interesting to read another person views of what specific characteristics they think you need to be a good teacher.  Moving forward I am very interested to see what characteristics people think teachers should have, compared to what they do have.
  1. http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Good-Teacher
  2. https://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/teacher-blog/2014/oct/31/effective-teaching-10-tips
  3. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationopinion/11347131/You-dont-need-a-qualification-to-be-a-good-teacher.html


Photos
I am finding myself using specific skills that I have gained previously from module 1, one of which is using the internet successfully and sourcing information and pictures.
These photos below show a bullet pointed list of what they think is a good/successful teacher. This will help  my inquiry as I will be able to look back on these photos to see if I can find parallels in my data.  These photos have inspired me to look further into what makes a good teacher. They have helped to open my mind about that others think is good for a teacher to do compared to my own thoughts. Particular things are starting to repeat themselves e.g; respect, different leaners and behaviour management. I see the same answers are starting to repeat through articles, photos, my personal thoughts and literature. It will be interesting to see if this continues as I gather my data from participants.
 










No comments:

Post a Comment