Sunday 4 December 2016

Focus Group

I am not using a focus group in my inquiry plan. However, at a team briefing this month all the dance colleagues came together to decide what is our dance philosophy could be.
We discussed 3 main topic areas; safety, structure and perspectives. We collected a variety and vast amount of ideas this way and the discussion flowed nicely. The idea was to talk about what do we do that is different to other companies what is special about us


This would be great to use to gather data. I would use this in my inquiry if I didn't want the results to be extremely personal. I need my participants to relate to personal experiences and to make sure my participants are comfortable. I think this is best done in private via a survey, this way they can share what they wish to share on paper, rather than in front of other people. Not that I am asking really hard questions but my participants need to think about what they are saying/writing. Some participants may fabricate stories in front of others, OR not be able to get their story heard. I need my data to be reliable and really show real life experiences with good teachers. I have chosen to do Surveys and Observations. 




No comments:

Post a Comment