Sunday 6 November 2016

Task 5A- Ethics

Below I have noted down some of my first initial thoughts about ethics in my work place. I currently teach dance and gymnastic in 5 different Primary schools and have hours in the  company office. 

When I am teaching I believe I follow these ethics:
- Respectful
- Organised
- Presentable in uniform 
- Lesson preparation  
- OFSTED guideline 
- Time management 
- Use suitable language
- Wear suitable clothing 
- First aid
- Safe Guarding


Towards other colleagues and when in the office: 
- Professionalism 
- Reliability
- Responsibility 
- Respectful
- Team work (support others)
- Presentable in uniform 
- Positive attitude

Generally I must ask my company for holiday and must call in early in the morning if I am going to be off sick. I should always be well presented and promoting the company in a positive way. I should treat all staff with respect and not to use foul language in or out the work place especially when wearing uniform. I should not drink or smoke when in work hours and must up keep the companies high reputation at all times. 

For my inquiry I will need to speak to fellow colleagues, teachers, family, friends and students. To do this the right way I need to make sure that my questions are suitable and justified for my inquiry. The interviewee must feel comfortable with the questions that I am asking. When questioning the children or anyone under the age of 18 years old I will need the schools parents permission outside of school, schools permission if interviewing in school time, along with my companies permission to do so also. 

2 comments:

  1. Think about ethics in terms of your inquiry. Yes, we all have to be nice to each other, as you say. Ethics is not about right and wrong - Ethics is about how we effect each other.
    Just a note we need to think about why you would talk to people under 18. What would they have to say that would help you better understand your inquiry? I generally say you shouldn't collect data from people under 18. Think about why you would or why you would not. What is the ethics behind the idea of 'good' - a good teacher. How have teachers been judged before as good. How are they recognized? what ethical issues are raised when we try to identify what good teaching is?? How will you deal with ideas in as you plan your research activity.
    It is not about right and wrong: it is about noticing effects.
    What do you think?
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-You for you comment Adesola, really helped me to generate different thoughts about ethics. It has made me realise i should focus on ethics in my inquiry not just right or wrong general ethics.

    What do you mean about noticing the effects? Is that the effects of 'good' teaching or effects within my inquiry ?

    Thanks

    Lois

    ReplyDelete