Sunday 20 November 2016

Considerations- Ethics, Data,Inquiry and Participants

How will I source my data? How can I protect it and my participants? 

After re-evaluating my thoughts from my last blog and going back to the module 2 handbook. I feel I have taken a huge leap forwards in terms of my inquiry. In this blog I am going to talk about my participants, data, ethics and data protection during my inquiry. 

 I want to use people within my professional practice, I will use colleagues and other teachers within the schools that I work in. I have chosen these people as they are in the education section in one way or another, whether teaching in the arts or as a primary school teacher. This way it is safer to arrange observations/interviews and video sessions as they are above the age of 18 years. 

By choosing experienced teachers I will get an honest and reliable insight into the teaching profession. Hopefully I will get to see and hear what they think is 'good' teaching practice. On the flip side I am also going to interview people who are not in the education sector to source personal memories they have experienced from a teacher and to find out whether this shaped their future? I will contact my participants via email or in person to arrange the parts of my inquiry that they will be involved in, this is an easy way to communicate privately. The parcipants hopefully will be involved throughout but if they wish to leave the inquiry they can and I have made sure I have back up participants.I am looking to create a form in which participants can sign to know the information they give me is private and protected. 

To keep my data and my participants data safe I will store this sensitive information privately away from anyone else. The data I collect from them via survey, voice note etc... will be protected and I will make my participants aware of this using the form I mentioned previously. 

Apart from keeping their information safe, I will need to consider how I gather the data. I need to be professional at all times but also open to their opinions and views and not to force my own opinions onto them. I also need to record the data clearly and not make any assumptions from their answers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment