Sunday 23 October 2016

Questions and Answers

Finding Questions and Answers... 

  1. What would I love to learn?
I would love to learn exactly what skills I have or need to develop to be a successful Primary School Teacher. I want to know different teaching methods and how to engage students. I would love to learn more about behaviour management schemes and what schemes work in what schools and why they work. I would like to understand why people teach and discover experiences people have had with a teacher that has changed or developed their lives in one way or another. I would also like to find evidence of what other people view as good teaching practise. 

    2. What is a teacher?
I believe a teacher is a role model someone who provides another person with  information, and that information makes a change of some sort to their lives whether it be, how to do something or what to do. Sometimes the change is small,sometimes a change is big, being a part of that process no matter how big or small is why I want to be a teacher. 

    3.Why do I want to teach?
I want to teach because I enjoy it. I like to help people and to feel like I have a purpose and a role to play. Even if it is for those 7 children who have turned up to after school club. 

   4.Does mindfulness help children to behave better?
I do not have the answer for this, I would like to explore this further.

   5.Behaviour management techniques
I have witness so many different behaviour management techniques. I would be interested to explore these techniques further and find practitioners in behaviour management and their reasons to why they work and how they work.

   6.What is a teacher ? Are there Types of teachers? 
This came up in the Skype, this set a lightbulb off in my head! What is a teacher? I was assuming that a teacher is a teacher that I see every day a primary/secondary teachers. But as discussed in the Skype conversation there are so many different types of teachers, you can learn something from someone you cross path with in the street. I am going to explore the correct definition to a teacher, and what other people think is a teacher. 
Can teachers be categorised or are all types of teachers the same whether their job title is teacher or not. 

   7.  Ask the audience 
As I am aiming to teach Primary school children I am also going to ask them what is a teacher? 
What makes a good teacher do you think?
Are there different types of teachers in your school?
Do you like a teacher in particular ?
If so, why ? 

I need to research outside of my own opinions and thoughts, I am going to create three separate questionnaires a Colleagues Questionnaire,Family/Friends Questionnaire  and a Children's Questionnaire to try to find some more answers to guide me further in my inquiry. 


Is there anyone who I can form a SIG group with ? Anyone else interested in teaching? Any aspect of it to form a discussion ?

Thanks for reading ! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment