Sunday 20 March 2016

Task 2a: Reflective Journal Task

Task 2a: Reflective Journal Task 


When I was younger I always had something that was personal to me whether it was a diary, scrap book, photo albulm or a memory box, I always had something that I was creating to hold memories or things I wasn't ready to let go of. My diaries never lasted long as I found it difficult to put things down on paper, I had a fear that someone might read it, so thats why I think now looking back I tried out various ways to express and record things.

How do I puzzle through ideas? Organise my Practise ?
Today I still have photo album and a memory box but my biggest thing is writing lists I find that if I have a busy week or month, if I list down what needs to be done I feel as if  that half the work is done, even if the list has 20 things on there without one of them being ticked off! I then feel organised and have a sense of direction of how I am going to get it done. Another main way that I work through ideas or things to complete is by creating a mind map, especially when I am working on a new dance idea or lesson plans. I feel I really explore all options using this method. Below are two of my recent spider diagrams, one for part of the ROL course and the other for a dance festival.


I started my BAPP blog in September as I did the ROL course (Review Of Learning) before starting module 1, for the ROL course I had to keep a journal so journal writing for this course is something that is not new to me.  During my time working on the ROL course I had tasks to help me to progress similar to the tasks we are working through now, for these tasks I reflected on my learning and researched theories about how I learn. The journal was there to show my learning experiences so it is going to be interesting to how reader 2 and new influences change the way I write my journal.

  I am looking forward to finding out and exploring different ways to keep a reflective journal because for the past few months I have done it the same way, by reading reader 2 I have already started to change how I write my journal.The top 5 questions that I ask myself when writing my journal are the ones below. I find it easier having a frame work to work to, this helps me to get the best out of my journal and it stops me from wondering off and writing about things that aren't necessarily going to help me reflect.
1. What happened?
2.What did I do?
3.What did I learn?
4.Was it successful ?
5.Would I change anything?

For the next few days I am going to change a few questions and explore other ways of writing I will use the these extra questions below and explore P.19 in the Module 1 hand book Task 2b.
- Did the children enjoy the class?
- How do I know ?
- How has this helped my development in my practise ?
-What was my mood?
-What if ?
And finally writing from a different perspective. e.g. object or person

I feel positive that reader 2 is going to develop my journal for the better.  Education is the most powerful weapon and by  gaining more knowledge about reflection and even more practitioners and theories, I feel I will write it in a more educated way and find a style that really suits me.


No comments:

Post a Comment